Summer can be a hard time to keep staff engaged. Rather than being in front of a computer or in another meeting they want to be out enjoying the weather or spending time with their families. They are dreaming about camping, being by a poolside or spending time hiking. Can you blame them? You're probably doing the same thing.
Instead of fighting against this totally natural desire to enjoy the summer weather, why not embrace it? When your staff are feeling happy and supported they are more productive, less likely to take sick time and will talk highly of your company. And not only will they appreciate the change and be more energized, you will also feel the same benefits!
Need a few ideas of how to embrace the summer in the office?
- Close the office early on a Friday before a long weekend
- Let staff flex their days to work longer some days and leaving early on Fridays
- Provide lunch or take staff out to lunch, bonus points for an on-site game
- Host a potluck or family picnic
- Let staff work from a coffee shop or other remote location
- Encourage walking meetings or meetings in a nearby park
- Plan a 'field trip' to a local attraction or off-site training
Not sure what will make your staff feel engaged at work this summer? Why not ask them!